HEALTH, SAFETY, SECURITY, ENVIRONMENT AND COMMUNITY POLICY
Whitecap Resources Inc. ("Whitecap") is committed to the health, safety and security of our employees, contractors and the public. We are also firmly committed to conduct our operations in a way that will minimize any adverse impacts to our environment. Whitecap fulfills these commitments through compliance with all relevant regulations and the development and implementation of an effective health, safety, security and environmental program. This program applies to all Whitecap's operations and:
- Provides and maintains a safe work environment with proper policies, procedures, standards, training, equipment and emergency response procedures in accordance to all government regulations and industry practices;
- Provides appropriate health, safety, security and environmental training;
- Applies operational processes and asset integrity systems designed to minimize the frequency and volume of environmental spills and reduce emissions, and implements operational measures to reduce waste and optimize energy usage;
- Ensures timely and effective response and follow up to incidents, identified hazards and near misses resulting from our operations and implements incident investigations to identify root causes and share learnings. Personnel are encouraged to report hazards, incidents and near misses and granted immunity from disciplinary action;
- Establishes health, safety, security, and environmental performance targets intended to drive behaviour and performance improvement; and
- Includes regular reviews of the effectiveness of our programs to ensure continuous improvement.
All management, employees, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers engaged on behalf of Whitecap are responsible for following Whitecap’s health, safety, security and environment program as required and participating in pertinent safety and environmental training.Community Policy
- Whitecap is committed to consulting community stakeholders in advance of project development and making meaningful efforts to resolve concerns and mitigate impacts.
- Whitecap will communicate regularly with communities and landowners in proximity to our operations and listen to and consider all concerns raised by these legitimate stakeholders.
- Whitecap believes in enhancing the communities where employees live and work, by supporting causes that focus on improving health and education for children.
By fulfilling the commitments in this policy, Whitecap’s employees, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers will share in the benefits of a safe workplace and contribute to an organization that is environmentally and socially sustainable.
Click here for our Heath, Safety, Security, Environment & Community Policy
Click here for our NORTHERN ALBERTA / NORTHEAST BC EMERGENCY RESPONSE PLAN - National Energy Board Edition